This weekend has given me the chance to reflect a little on my life. Today is the day Olivia turns 7 months old. Holy cow! I can't believe it's been 7 months already. She is growing so much and so fast. I want her to grow up but I also want her to stay a baby and not grow up so fast.
I also began looking back at how life has changed since motherhood. This weekend was FL/GA which usually meant parties, football, and fun. This year is wasn't. I began to think it was because I was getting older, I'm a mom now, or that I've changed and those things just aren't important anymore. We did NOTHING for the football game-very different for us. I actually went shopping Saturday with Mom and didn't even see the game until around 5-GO GATORS!!! we did kick butt. Then to top off a day that was out of the ordinary for Paul and I we were in bed by 10:00, yes 10 on a Saturday. Are we getting old or what? I will say it was great to get more then 6 hours of sleep. Olivia slept great only getting up once, maybe the time change will be a blessing to her sleep schedule-or maybe she was just wiped out from a busy day of shopping with Mommy and Nanny.
So to sum it all up our priorities have definately changed over the past 7 months. We tend to spend more time at home together as a family. Which I LOVE.
I know my reflection didn't get too deep but I've been thinking about my life lately and this weekend definately made me think a little more. Now that we have Olivia our fun has changed from being with friends to being with each other. Believe me we have never spent so many Saturday nights at home watching TV or playing with silly toys then we do now. It is great just the 3 of us spending time together.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
3 comments:
Sounds like you have crossed over from enjoying life for the moment to experincing it. I check your blog daily and can tell that you have become a great mommy. A long way from the scared young lady of seven months ago that wasn't sure that she was cut out for motherhood. I know that I'm not your real grandmother, but I am as proud of you for the mother you have become as any grandmother could be.
Johnnie
Kristen you're a wonderful mother. I remember your first day home with Olivia and how nervous and scared the two of you were and look at you now.........the two of you are confident loving parents with a beautiful little girl. We couldn't be more proud of you and Paul!!!! Once you have a child you realign your priorities and enjoy the little things in life a lot more.
Isn't life wonderful?
It's amazing how much life can change when becoming a mother - for the better :)
Post a Comment