Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm So Excited... I Just Can't Hide It

I can't believe it!! Olivia actually ate dinner tonight. When we first introduced food a few months ago she ate like a champ. Well that quickly changed as I added new things to her menu. She did great with fruits and veggies alone but once they were mixed or added with another food she turned up her nose. I started adding oatmeal-that worked for a while. She did well with apples and chicken but no other meat. What was I to do? According to the Dr she is supposed to be eating three meals a day-a jar of food at each meal. Well she doesn't. She eats a great breakfast and an OK lunch but dinner just isn't her friend, until tonight. I decided to go back to the beginning-fruit and veggies. She ate a whole container of blueberry pear fruit and a half a container of harvest veggies. I couldn't contain myself we did the happy dance in the kitchen. Paul thought I was quite strange but I was so excited. I think that's going to be what we do from now on. Start with something she likes and add in a veggie. We'll try to move on to different foods in the next few weeks. The way I look at it is, when she's hungry she'll eat. I know she's not going to starve.

We got a spout cover for the tub, the large duck in the top left of the pic. It is really cool. You can put soap under its' hat and it will make a bubble bath. Here is Olivia in her first real bubble bath, she thought it was the best thing ever. She was trying to catch the bubbles, she even tried to eat them. They didn't taste so good:) Ooops, I got caught! I shouldn't be playing with this.
This photo was taken before the one above. She is pulling the handle of the bag through the chair back and chewing on it. Those teeth are really getting to her. She will chew on anything she can get her mouth on.
Walking around with the hippo Tara gave us. She absolutely loves to push this and the dog around the house. She can get up and go with this thing. I think we may see steps soon. Not too soon I hope. I have mixed emotions about this whole walking thing. I want her to have that independence but I'm afraid she won't be Mommy's baby anymore when she walks. I guess she'll grow up whether I'm ready or not.
I just thought this shot with the hood on was so precious I had to show it off. When I put the hood up she kept it on. She loved it. She was so happy to play and crawl around with it she never tried to pull it off. Ain't she just the cutest baby:)

1 comment:

Creative Dragonfly said...

Olivia is growing so fast! I absolutely love the picture of her first bubble bath!!!!