I'm talking about shots for Olivia. Today was Olivia's 6 month check up. Of course she is growing like a weed and the Dr. confirmed that by giving us her stats. She weighs in at 18 lbs 8 oz and is 28 inches long. The Dr couldn't believe how much she is growing and what she is able to do-crawl, babble, and walk around holding onto things. Dr. Sabban kept saying she is like a 10 month old in her cute little accent. Well as any mom knows the 6 month check up includes shots. There were 3 this time and we opted for the flu shot(which ment 4). She cried for the first 3 but quickly stopped when Paul and I talked to her and soothed her. But that flu shot sure did kick her butt. She cried for what seemed like FOREVER after the shot. Paul had to hold her after and it was hard to get her dressed and ready to go. She continued to cry off and on the whole way home while she was trying to fall asleep. She fell asleep like a big dog in the carseat. Paul took her out when we got home and stayed asleep when he put her in the crib. I hope she has a good night.
Back to my question I think it hurts me more. I hate to see her cry about anything let alone something that is partially my fault. I know shots are what's best for her but why do they hurt so bad. I was going to cry watching her cry. I know she was in pain but so was I so I think we are even. The good news is at her 9 month check up no shots, but we do have to go next month and get the second part of the flu shot yippee:( Let's hope next time is a little better.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment