Saturday, October 25, 2008

Olivia's playtime

There hasn't been too much excitement around the Panke house this week but we have been having a lot of fun with our sweet Olivia. Isn't her smile just so sweet. Her teeth are starting to get big enough to see when she smilies. I think I have captured her teeth in almost every picture that she is smiling in.
She may be cute and sweet but I think she has an evil side to her. Isn't this just the most sneaky, devlish look you've ever seen. She is eating one of my bithday cards that sings. She loves the song and starts moving around like she's dancing. Like I said before, who needs toys just give a baby random things around the house and she'll be happy.
As you know Olivia has an obsession with our cat. She wants to play with him so bad she can taste it. And yes I literally mean she can taste it. She always dives at him head first with her mouth wide open and usually gets a taste of his hair, YUCK! I constantly try to get her to stop but to no avail. I guess she figured she would play with his toys instead of him. We have a scratching post in our room for him and Olivia has decided it too now belongs to her(like everything else in the house). We try to keep her away from it because of the nail pieces, but this was too cute to miss. She was going after the big orange pom pom at the top. When it would move she was completely mesmerized by it and would stare until it stopped and move it again.
Just ignore that giant pile of sheets behind her, we have:)



Who needs to wear clothes when you can play with them. I think we may have to have naked time in the future, she loves to just play in a diaper.

Some other random and exciting news around our house. Olivia ate an entire bowl of sweet potatoes and turkey last night, WITHOUT oatmeal. I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. For the past few weeks we have had to mix everything, yes EVERYTHING, with oatmeal for her to eat it. I don't know what the problem is but she will not eat anything plain. But last night the turkey and sweet potatoes were a hit. She'll be eating those for the next 4 nights for dinner then we'll try something new, I hope it's a big hit too.
Bath time is also getting more exciting. Olivia is such a wiggle worm that she climbs, or falls, out of her little bath tub. Instead of her getting hurt I made the executive decision to bathe her in the regular tub. She absolutely loves it. She has lots of room to move around and can even play with the water coming out of the faucet. It does get a little slippery but as long as she doesn't bump her head, it's all good. Laying down in the water is now the cool thing to do.
One last thing before I go. Olivia is suppose to go to her Aunt Debbie's today while I run errands. I'm a little nervous to leave her with someone else. She has only ever stayed with Mom, Stacy, Paul, or I. I know she'll be fine. I'll let you know how it went later this weekend.



No comments: