Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our little monster:)

I think I've created a monster in my sweet baby girl. One thing I love to do is rock Olivia to sleep, or any time, especially at night. Well this is how I've created a monster, a very cute one I might add. I was warned by almost everyone not to start rocking her to sleep but I did it anyway. I've tried hard to stop but it is SO HARD to let her cry when I know I can fix it. This whole rocking situation has left us once again sleepless in Fernandina:) Olivia has begun teething again, I think 4 teeth are trying to come in this time-will this ever end. Since teeth are so painful she is have a really hard time sleeping at night. What to do, what to do? I wish I had the answer to that question. Well actually I do we rock her when she wakes up at night. She usually wakes up to eat a few hours after she falls asleep. Well this is the beginning of the end of a good night sleep for the Panke family. Once she is up she stays up ALL NIGHT. Well maybe not all night but for a few hours. Last night she woke up at 1 and was up until 3:30. I know, where does she get the engery for this. Thank goodness Paul helps at night and stays up with her. Last night he rocked her until 3:30, I think she finally fell asleep then. We've tried to just let her cry and she gets louder and louder until it is unbearable to hear. Of course our solution to this is to rock her. So as you see I've created a monster in my sweet little girl. She has to be rocked to sleep all the time, especially at night. I've got to try something different.

Let's all hope this sleeplessness comes to an end for all of us. We all so badly need sleep, Olivia more then us. She needs to be well rested to grow and learn.

1 comment:

Tara Libby said...

I know how you feel. It is so hard not to rock them. They are just so sweet during that time. I need to stop now before he gets too old and is dependent on it!