Monday, December 29, 2008

When Did You Realize...

How blessed you were to have a healthy, beautiful, wonderful child. I realized it the day she was born and have been reminded of it quite often in the past 9 months(wow, I can't believe it's been that long).
The other day I was reading My Charming Kids and again realized that I am truly blessed to have Olivia in my life. If you are not a reader of MCK here is a quick recap, while pregnant her child was diagnosed with a life threatening heart condition which would surely result in stillbirth. He is truly a miracle baby-born perfectly healthy about 8 weeks ago. Things seemed to have changed with them over Christmas he was taken to the ER because of a rapid heart rate and other complications.
Reading this made me start to think about life and how grateful we should all be. I feel blessed that my child is perfect and healthy. This is the second time since becoming a Mom I have been forced to look at life and how lucky I truly am. A few months ago some friends of ours lost a child at only 7 weeks old. That was hard for all of us. We all took a hard look at our lives and I even held my daughter a little tighter for a few days. I can't possibly imagine what it would be like if something were to happen to my baby girl.
Even after the many hardships myself and my family have been through during the past few years I still look at Olivia everyday and feel SO LUCKY to have her. So next time your feeling sorry for yourself and think your life it terrible-take a look at your child and remember how blessed and lucky you are to have them.
I know this isn't my usual perky post-it is a little sappy and self-reflective.
Here are a few snapshots of my beautiful blessing over the past few days. ENJOY!:)

3 comments:

Creative Dragonfly said...

The look o Olivia's face with Cookie Monster is priceless!

Your post wasn't sappy, it appears to be heartfelt.

Dana said...

This post wasn't sappy, it was honest....and with me, my love and thankfulness for Darci has grown and grown every day. I think we all are guilty of taking our own and our children's health for granted....this post reminds me how blessed I am :)

TheVanzants said...

Aren't we so blessed?

Looks like Olivia had a fun Christmas - looks like that ball pit is a TON of fun!