Monday, December 15, 2008

The Weekend in Pictures

We had a full weekend getting ready for Christmas. Saturday I tried to go shopping with Olivia. It didn't work so well. We loaded up to go to Lowes and Target, we only made it to our first stop Lowes. My sidekick fell asleep on the way to Target-sorry Paul we didn't get to pick up your presents. We'll try again one night this week

Here are some of the highlights of our weekend and Monday. For some reason my pictures loaded backwards so bear with me.
Dinner time tonight. Since Olivia eats real food now I've been working on getting her to eat on her own. It works, a little. She has a tendancy to stuff her mouth full and then choke/gag. At least she's trying. Next thing holding our own bottle. Why play with the toy the way it was meant to be used. Olivia likes to climb on top of her seat and play with the toys on it. If I tried to sit her in it she would most certainly scream and throw a fit, which by the way she is getting very good at throwing:)
Playing in the laundry room. These t-shirts belong to my kids at school. And yes I'm going to admit have been sitting dirty in my laundry room since the first week of November. I know wash them alreay but my laundry is more important then field trip shirts we won't use again until February. Well Olivia discovered them on Saturday. She managed to pull all 18 of them out of the bag and toss them all over the laundry room. It was actually kind of funny. She would pick one up look at it, maybe chew on it a little, then throw it. She did this to every shirt I think. She would also pull it up over her face like playing peek a boo. It was so cute.

The toilet paper. My daughter is obsessed with the bathroom. Whenever one of us goes in there she follows. She will even open the door if you don't shut it all the way-no privacy around here. She has been playing with the toilet paper for a while but it has been the ones still in the package. One night last week she realized that if you slap the roll on the holder it will unroll. What a fun game to play especially when Mommy is telling you to stop. Saturday morning I finally got a shot of her having fun. She UNROLLED THE WHOLE roll-about 1/4 of it. She then decided to throw it around the bathroom and laugh. I had to laugh too:) It is so much fun to watch her explore even if she is tearing my house apart in the process.
Helping Mommy on the computer.

All in all we had a great weekend. I even got a break. My wonderful husband and Daddy to Olivia watched her ALL DAY Sunday so Mom and I could go shopping. We got so much done. I only have a few more gifts to get.

No comments: