Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sad News/Exciting News

As many of you know Olivia has been VERY mobile for a while. She has been able to crawl since mid September and hasn't stopped since. Once she started to crawl she was pulling up and walking if you would hold her hands. The past few weeks she has begun letting go and standing still for almost 30 seconds at a time then she would sit down. For about 2 days now she has been trying to step and would sit down as she took the step. Tonight she took a step. Actually she took 2 or 3 steps. My baby girl is growing up and is going to officially be a toddler. Lucky for us all Paul, Mom, Stacy, and I were all in the living room with her when she took her steps. I almost cried:) I really can't decide if I should be happy or sad about this. OK, I know this may have just been a freak accident and maybe she didn't mean to walk. She did and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. I'll keep the camera handy to take pictures of those precious first steps and maybe even get a video.

2 comments:

TheVanzants said...

Too cool! Go Olivia!!

The Panke Family said...

That IS exciting. Out Lil' man is just being LAZY. You will have to bring her by so she can show off and maybe Colby would catch on. You would think he would realize he could get away from Kendall faster if he could walk/run! LOL