Sunday, December 21, 2008

Random Weekend Happenings...

This weekend started Christmas vacation from school. YIPEE!!! Don't get me wrong, I love my job but everyone needs a break. I'm going to really enjoy the next two weeks at home with Paul and Olivia:)
Saturday we went to see Santa in downtown Fernandina. I'm proud to say that Olivia didn't cry but she looked a little nervous with Santa. I won't go into too much detail since I don't have a picture to share with you right now. I haven't had a chance to scan it yet and wanted to share some other pics.
Sunday we went for a ride to see come Christmas lights. Now I didn't have the vision of perfection while looking at lights I was going with my child. She still somewhat hates to ride in the car. She cried all the way from our house to Fernandina, then she fell asleep. There were a few places we wanted to hit that we look at each year and a new place Debbie told us about. We were a little disappointed with the street in town off of Citrona(by FBHS). There weren't as many houses decorated as there has been in the past. Hey I got to see lights so I wasn't going to complain.
On our way home Paul thought we should stop for ice cream. We tried Dairy Queen-NO LUCK-they must close early on Sunday's it was about 7 and the lights were off. What party poopers. We decided to go to ColdStone-my favorite:) This was the second night in a row we went there. Saturday we went with Laurie, Owen, and Landon. Landon is my man who ALWAYS has room for ice cream. After getting our ice cream tonight I was reminded why we don't go there very often any more. In a nut shell is was almost $11 for a milkshake and a bowl of ice cream. Olivia took part in the ice cream Saturday. The nice ice cream maker gave me a giant spoonful of vanilla for her. She LOVED it. No pictures of the ice cream didn't bring my camera. I know I'm a terrible mom, maybe next time. On the way back in the house tonight Paul had Olivia hold his milkshake and she thought she would have some. I don't think there was anything left but she sure was going to try and get a taste.
Now she is just playing with the straw. Paul and Olivia are the only people I know who actually like plain vanilla ice cream. I'm sure once Olivia gets a taste of something with more flavor Paul will be eating the vanilla all by himself.
She has finally gotten brave enough to touch the Christmas tree. She walked right up to it and played with the ornaments on it. She was even pulling them off. It's a good thing I bought shatterproof ornaments this year. Thank goodness Lowes had them all on sale or our tree would be bare. She really likes the ones with glitter.

No comments: