Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One Step Forward..Two Steps Back

It seems like Olivia just keep get the hang of sleeping through the night. She has been doing so well over the last few weeks, only getting up once or twice. That all changed when I started Christmas break. We've tried to keep her on a schedule but it has been difficult to do everyday with all of the holiday happenings.

Last night was really hard on Olivia-she got up 5 times, yes 5 times. The good part of that is that she only ate once. The other 4 times she was pretty much still asleep when I went in her room just staning there crying with her arms out. It was so pitiful. I guess we're going to go back to letting her cry it out and putting herself back to sleep. Letting her cry is SO hard, I want to cry myself. We've been letting her cry when it's nap time and I'm happy to say she only cries for about 5 minutes now before she's asleep-YAY! Now if we could just get back into the swing of things at night, it's not bad getting up now since I'm on vacation but next week back to work. We've got 4 nights to get her back to normal. Any suggestions for getting back to sleeping through the night or only getting up once would be great. I know other mom's are a great source of advice. I shared mine before with Jobeth-but hey I'm up for something new since it apparently didn't work.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Hey there...not much advice here...the crying out thing works for the most part for Ava...i dont go in her when she wakes up unless she is pretty frantic and getting really upset...i have been working with her to make herself go back to sleep without me rocking her back to sleep....most of the time it works...sometimes i still have to rock her back to sleep...with them teething its hard...u never know if they are hurting or just waking up...hope things work out for you!!