Wednesday, September 17, 2008

She's Pitiful:(

Olivia has her first virus. It all started Saturday with a heat rash, at least that is what I thought it was. The rash went away but came back today. While she was at Nanny's she got a fever but it broke while she was napping. Right before I got there to pick her up she started running another fever. This time it was pretty high. I can never tell is a child has a fever when I feel their head, but this time I knew it was a fever. When I got her home from Nanny's I pulled out my ear thermometer and took her temp. Well it was 101.5 so I called the Dr. Luckily our Drs office is open late and got us in right away. We saw someone new, Dr. Yarmer. She was very nice and assured us Olivia would be alright. Because not only did she have a fever she also has this mysterious rash all over, little red dots. Accordingly to the doctor this is common in babies her age. It is a common virus that older children and adults get different symptoms from, babies usually get a rash from it. We were told to take her home and love her it should clear up in a few days. It's hard to see her feel so sick and look so pitiful. All she wants to do is be held. I love the cuddle time but I hope she feels better soon. I guess we are going to make it through her first time being sick.

1 comment:

The Judys said...

I love that you are doing this. We enjoy knowing what is going on with Miss Olivia and being able to see new pictures of her is really great... Stacy can't talk enough about her, and I just love hearing him talk about her, we just wish we were closer so we could see her some, but this really helps.