Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Shot

We had to take Olivia back to the Dr today for a check up. Of course the Dr didn't see the improvement she expected-what a surprise. So we had to get an antibiotic shot of procefin. My child is going to hate me when I grow up for all of the needles and meds we have been giving over the past four days. This shot is suppose to do the trick. I will`say Olivia was a champ. SHe got the shot and cried but stopped as soon as I picked her up, she just loves her Mommy:) We go back tomorrow for another shot and we should be good to go. I sure hope so I would LOVE for life to get back to normal.

Since we have had 3 ear infections in 6 weeks we will now be going to an ENT to find out if she needs tubes in her ears ti prevent infections. I don't know how I feel about that her having to have surgery. I guess it will be best and she will be healthy.

Tomorrow is another trip to the Dr for another shot but she should be 100% better soon after that. Believe it or not I have seen a little improvement in her behavior and appetite. The nurse did say it could work miracles depending on the child. Let's hope for the best.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hope that shot helps; sounds like she's been one sick cookie!

The Panke Family said...

I saw ya'll heading out.How did she do with her second shot? Is it helping since her shot yesterday? Let us know if ya'll need anything.