Sorry no pictures of my little darling tonight. However, I do have a recap of the cutest conversation I think I have ever heard Paul have tonight while cooking dinner.
To start off Paul was filling our some business paperwork in the office. If you have seen our office it kind of looks like a filling cabinet exploded. We run Paul's small construction company out of it. Well it's a GREAT place for Olivia to play, just kidding we try to keep her out of there as much as possible(the cat litter box is in there too-yuck). Back to the story-Paul was filling out paper work and who decides she wants to help Olivia. She was taking ALL of the trash out of the trash can and doing acrobatics on the desk while he was working. All of a sudden I look over to check on her and hear this-Paul was holding her in his lap and says
"This isn't your room, this is Daddy's room. Every other room in the house is yours but this is Daddy's room"
The funny thing is he was being completely serious while talking to her. She was sitting on his lap looking him in the face as if she really understood what he was saying to her. Before putting her down he told her again "This is Daddy's room" She then proceeded to pull more trash out and find some random sunglasses to play with. My heart just melted when I heard him talking to her like that. I remember when she first came home and I would bug him about talking to her and how important it was. He used to tell me that she doesn't understand and he would talk to her when he wanted to. I guess he is ready to talk now, he does it all the time. They have one sided converstations on a daily basis. Actually Olivia talks back to him when he talks to her, it is hilarious.
I couldn't have asked for a GREATER Daddy for Olivia. He is really wonderful with her. I would really hate to break it to him that the office isn't Daddy's room but really Olivia's along with everything else in the house in case he hasn't noticed.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
2 comments:
I knew Paul would make a good daddy:>) cute story!!! You better let him know Oliva rules the roost around there!!LOL
Hey lady...thanks for the ava b-day wishes...she says thanks:>) We are better...she finally kicked the stomach bug...then got a small cold...we went back to the dr tues just to make sure she was ok...her cough was pretty bad...he said she was fine...sounded great...everything was ok...she is a lot better now...thank god...its always something...she had her 1 year shots today:<( i hate those visits!!!
Post a Comment