Olivia has had an obsession with the dishwasher since the day she could crawl and now that she can walk-well it's all over. I think she has bionic ears, when I open the dishwasher she comes a runnin'. I usually try to keep her away from the dishes because it is nasty and wet. I apparently never turned on the hot dry cycle. I did the other day so I decided it was OK for Olivia to play while I put the dishes away. She started taking out the dishes and putting them on the floor. It was so funny. She would get all excited and yell at me when she did it. If I told her what a good job she was doing she would clap for herself. She had so much fun. I guess I'll have to keep the hot dry cycle on so she can help more often. I wonder if she'll remember how much fun she had in the dishwasher when it is one of her chores when she gets older:)

The pacifier. For those of you who don't know Olivia refused the pacifier as a newborn. When I say refused I really mean refused. The hospital nurses would put it in her mouth and she would spit it out. At first I didn't want her to have it since I was breastfeeding but after the first night of hearing her cry and the experts saying babies need to suck I gave in. Well she didn't. I think Mom and I spent about $100 on different kinds of pacifier with no luck. She wouldn't take one. I finally gave up and gave them away. And no she isn't a thumb sucker either. I have a few ramdon pacifier laying around the house -just because. One of them is on her changing table to keep her busy while we change her. The other day she picked it up and started playing with it. She took it with her out of the room and did this...
This is only one of the many shots I got of her with the pacifier. I started laughing. She was walking around chewing on it. It must have felt good on her teeth. I couldn't get her to put the stupid thing anywhere near her mouth when she was a newborn. The other night she got mad when I took it from her. Luckily she didn't keep the darn thing long, just a few hours. I couldn't even tell you where it is right now.
1 comment:
My first two babies refused the pacifier too, but my third still takes it while sleeping. I wish we had never offered it to him!
Olivia is beautiful!!
Post a Comment