Saturday, January 3, 2009

Not AGAIN!!

Olivia has another dang ear infection-AGAIN!! It started with a runny nose, then a cough, and last night 4 hours of continuous screaming and crying. Paul, Olivia, and I have had absolutely NO SLEEP since Thursday night. I called the Dr and was reccommended to take her to urgent care. Amelia Urgent Care took good care of her and told me she had a DOUBLE EAR INFECTION. I know, my poor baby. He gave her some antibiotics and to give her motrin for the pain. It seems to be helping a little. She has taken a short nap and even gotten some formula in her. She hasn't eaten a whole bottle since around 6:30 yesterday. Everyone always talks about mothers intuition and boy are they right. I felt like it was turning into an ear infection yesterday but yet again Olivia was showing no classic signs-tugging on her ears or running a fever. Olivia's temp seems to drop and she gets sick when she's getting an ear infections after the cold starts(runny nose, cough, and congestion). I know now what to look for from now on. What a way to end a 2 week vacation. I hope my baby girl feels better soon. We all need some sleep.

2 comments:

Tara Libby said...

Oh no! I hate to hear tha. I know how ear infections can be. I hope she gets to feeling better. Hopefully the meds will kick in quick!

Bridget said...

Dang girl...thats horrible!!! i hope she feels better soon...a sick baby is no fun what so ever!!! i am lucky and blessed ava hasnt got a ear infection yet...maybe little miss olivia will need tubes in her ears for help her from getting them so much...good luck...hope you get some rest soon!!!