Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let's Eat

Now that Olivia is on her way to recovery she is getting her appetite back. She has some food issues. First things first, she doesn't really like to eat anything without it being mixed with oatmeal. Second she has some issues with veggies, well only pureed veggies. That is why we mix everything with oatmeal. It makes it thicker. Lastly, she doesn't really like meat, babyfood meat that is. I can't seem to get her to eat anything but fruit. And no I didn't start with fruit I actually started with peas and sweet potatoes. She ate veggies for 2-3 weeks before we every ate a fruit. I have no idea what the problem is. Well about a month ago I gave up on baby food and started giving her regular old "real food", stuff we would eat. It worked she started eating. Now and again I still try to throw in a jar of babyfood to see what happens and every once in a while she'll eat it. Over the weekend I tried to feed her breakfast again, fruit and cereal. She ate it up no problem:) While she was sick she wanted nothing but a bottle. Last night I tried to feed her some babyfood veggies with no success. I read somewhere some kids like to play in there food and it helps them eat it, they feel more independent. So what is a mom to do-dump the bowl of pureed veggies on the high chair tray. It was a mess but she had a great time and actually ate most of the veggies. She even ate some of the noodles and chicken from my dinner. YEAH Olivia!!
Doesn't she look like it was good. We took a bath right after she was done. It was really messy, but she liked it. Hey, that's all that matters in our house. Whatever makes Olivia happy:)
Tonight dinner chicken, peas, and carrots. She did such a great job eating ALL by herself. She was picking up the food and putting it in her mouth-most of the time. It was so cute to watch. It is so funny to watch her chew. She only has teeth in the front so she has to chew with those teeth.
What to eat there are so many choices.
I'm also proud to annouce that Olivia is taking steps quite regularly now. She is doing great and can't get enough of walking around. I'll try to snap a few pictures of it over the next few days to show off. I can't believe she's trying to walk at only 9 months old, she'll proably want to drive at 5 years old:)


1 comment:

Bridget said...

Love the pics...she is a cutie!!! ava is over baby food too...she ate it for several months...but now she is all about feeding her SELF!!!lol...so pretty much anything soft i give her...whatever i put in front of her she eats..lol..i will be gald when she gets her 1 year mollars in so we can eat more stuff...gald you and oliva are coming to her party...the blantons are like my 2nd family...plus my moms house is a 2 bedroom condo...not much room there..glad miss thang is feeling better:>)