Friday, January 2, 2009

Guess Who's Nine Months Old Today?

The answer to that question is obvious-Olivia is. Each month I say it but I still can't believe it's been 9 months already. The last 9 months have been quite an adventure for our new family. We have been given this wonderful child to love and cherish for the rest of our lives-what could be better than that. At the beginning of her 9th month Olivia is starting to get more agile on her feet and is taking steps more often-with and without an adult by her. She is starting to go from one object to another without help taking 1 or 2 steps. Walking is definitely in her future-how soon I just don't know.
Here are a few highlights of her week at home with me.
Yesterday she pulled her diaper bag off the chair and took EVERYTHING out of it. Then tried to take the diaper apart.
Playing with Eli on New Year's Eve. Olivia and Eli are only 6 weeks apart and play great together. They were talking to each other and even shared their toys. Well maybe not share them. If Eli had something Olivia had to take it and vice versa. It was very cute to watch.
Using her Christmas present in an unapproved manner. I'm not too sure Nanny bought her this chair to stand on to reach the fish tank. Olivia finally figured out how to get the in chair by herself and it didn't take her long to figure out how to stand up in it. When I walked in the room this is what I saw. She was banging on the fish tank talking to the fish. Needless to say I moved the chair, I had visions of her falling and getting hurt on the wood of the stand. Now she tries to climb up the back of the chair onto the couch. I think the chair may up in the middle of the floor with nothing around it so she doesn't get hurt.

Monday back to the grind. I'm sad to go back to work I have really enjoyed staying at home with Olivia the past two weeks. She has grown so much since school started in August and is so much more fun then she was then-well a different kind of fun. She is so curious about the world around her, I love to watch her explore new things. Gotta do what I gotta do and work is important. The bright side to going back to work is only 18 weeks until summer break-YEAH!!!

2 comments:

The Panke Family said...

The climbing is too funny. We have been going through that with both of ours. Paul and Russ were climbers too. I guess they all just take after their daddy's. Well we did miss ya'll on New Year's but hopefully you were able to get some sleep since Olivia went to bed early.

Bridget said...

DANG...thats hilarious...i think they all climb like that...ava has learned how to climb on the freakin couch by herself!!! i will have to get a pic to show you...she is a mess!!! oliva is just to cute:>)