I'm just going to come right out and say it, this ear infection SUCKS with a captial S. It has kicked Olivia's butt big time. She is just not the same little girl she was Friday morning. We had a little scare last night, I'll get to that in a minute.
I spoke to the on call Dr 3 times over the weekend and 1 time Monday night. I was on a first name basis with the answering service for the dr office. We visited amelia urgent care twice(Sat & Sun). They reassured me that it was just an ear infection and to keep up with the antibiotic. By Monday night I knew they were wrong. There was just something telling me that Olivia wasn't getting better. I was watching her with Paul. She was completely listless. She didn't want to play, sit up, NOTHING. Boy was that scary. Since Olivia has learned to crawl she hasn't sat still and she just layed there. We took her temperature 101.5-how scary was that and that was in here ear. In case any readers don't know this an ear thermometer can be off by 2 degrees either way which meant it could be 103.5. I of course freaked out and called the Dr. She told me that I should really take it in her bottom but not to worry. Give her motrin and if her temp got to 102 or higher and didn't break iwth the motrin to go straight to the ER-Wolfson. How scary was that. Well we did get the fever to break but as soon as the mortin wore off it was back. More motrin, she is going to hate us for all the drugs we have been giving her. The GREAT Daddy she has let let sleep. I still had to go to work today, how dedicated am I. Today we went to the Dr and Dr. S didnt' like what she heard when she listened to Olivia breathe. She sent us for a chest x-ray and blood work. When she started telling us this I was completely FREAKING out-of course Paul was calm. Dr. S thought she could possibly have pneumonia. We went to the hospital for the lab and it was the worst moment of my little girls life so far. I don't know who cried more me or she while she was having the blood drawn. She was a champ for the x-ray. The results came back and I'm happy to say NO pneumonia, thank goodness. The Dr said to keep doing what we are doing and keep a close eye on her. If there is no improvement we need to go back tomorrow for antibiotic shots-what fun. Please pray for my little gril to get well so we don't have to do that.
This is what I know now as a mom. That you should always listen to your gut-it's going to be right. I knew something wasn't right with Olivia yesterday when I got to work. I'll called the Dr to make a follow up since she didn't see Dr Sabban just urgent care. The receptionist asked if she was on an antibiotic answer: yes. R: Just bring her in for a 10 day check up. Since she's on a anitibiotic the Dr doesn't need to see her. What did that stupid receptionsit know. Less then 12 hours later we had a fever high enough to go to the ER and possibly pneumonia 24 hours later. I knew something wasn't right and again called the on call Dr who told me to call at 8:30 to make a appt and bring her in(which we did resulting in all the testing). Next time I'll be much more pushy when I call to make an appt if I don't feel right.
Please keep Olivia in your prayers tonight and tomorrow so she can get well. We need all we can get. As anyone with a little one knows everyone is miserable when they are sick.
Good night:) We're off to be, yes it's only 8:45. Gotta get rest when we can.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
3 comments:
Goodness, I do hope she gets better soon. I know it's so hard to see her sick. Give her lots of 'get well' sugar from me and Reese!
Kristen, you are such a good Mom the way you pay attention to everything going on with Olivia. Bless her heart seems ear infection is her one weakness, but hopefully she will outgrow that problem. She is lucky to have such Caring, Loving Mother and Dad. If we can help you in any way let us know.
Johnnie
I had no idea...I haven't been reading lately. I hope she is better! How SCARY!!!!
Post a Comment