Saturday, May 9, 2009

She's Growing So Fast

Everyday Olivia learns something new and amazes me with it. I can't believe the way her vocabulary expands on a daily basis and the new things she learns in just minutes from others. Here are some of the new words she has learned and others she has perfected over the past few weeks
*mama-I'm working on mommy
*dada-she can now say both of these to the right person not just random people:)
*nana-for nanny we'll get there soon
*guck-duck
*sish/fish
*gog/dog-haven't heard her say it but Nanny says she can
*ba/bye
*something that resembles hello but not sure how to spell it
*hey
She is also imitated EVERYTHING we do. She is so funny she'll pick up something and put it to her ear and say halla or something like it for hello. If you tell her to call Colby she'll put her hand to her ear and say hello and start talking. I have absolutely no idea where she learned that from:)(sense the sarcasim)
Another newthing is throwng her hands up like she's saying *what the heck* It's really cute.

Olivia decided this week that she likes food-FINALLY. Well not all food but a few. Here are a few shots of her eating her favorite mac & cheese, thank goodness for easy mac. She pretty much eats mac & cheese everyday at least one meal sometimes two. At this point if she eats it I'll feed it to her. Some of her other fave are sliced ham, chicken, chocolate donuts, pop tarts, animal crackers, peaches, and cheese. We've started introducing veggies again with no luck, she is tasting them, chewing them, and spitting them out. Better then before when she would just gag and throw up.
Check out my girl shovel the food in, she eats like her Mommy. Of course she's eating her FAVE mac & cheese!!


I mentioned earlier this week I was contacted by an old friend on facebook. Well that little messege has opened up a new window to chat with very old friends. Since then I've gotten in touch with 2 others I have talked to in over 7 years. It's like nothing changed when we've talked(wrote). I have been wondering what they've been doing all these years,now I have the chance to ask. I still can't believe it. These are friendships that were formed in elementary and middle school. I know many of my readers still have friends from then since many of you have lived in practically the same place your entire life. I haven't, I've moved more times then I can count at very awkward times in my life. We tried to stay in touch but we went in different directions after high school which makes it hard to stary connected. We hit a point where we didn't have much in common anymore but now we do after all these years. Oh my how some things change and some things stay the same:)


2 comments:

Bridget said...

well i am glad to hear miss oliva is talking...ava on the other hand is not:<( she does say dada and mama but nothing directing to us...she jabbers a lot with her little cell phone too...but thats it...hopefully she will start trying to talk soon!!!

Hollie said...

I love when babies start talking. It's funny b/c Kate calls fish 'sish' too!! They speak each other's language!