Today is my Dad's birthday. Although he is not here with us to celebrate he would have turned 54 this year.
This June will be 4 years since he passed. That may seem like a long time but a day never goes by that I don't think about him. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting,talking to him during a Memorial Day BBQ at his house then boom he was gone. When I say that I mean literally about a week later I got a call no one ever wants to receive.
I won't make this too sad but his death made me think about things and ask the never answered question "WHY?"
Why did I pray harder then I had ever before for my prayers not to be answered?
Why did he pray so hard for my life to be spared just 6 months prior to his death only to be dealt this terrible hand?
Why was I able to survive and walk again and he couldn't?
Why did God answer his prayer and not mine?
Why did I have to do without my father at two of the most important events in my life?
Why will my dad never get to hold his sweet granddaughter?
I know deep down he is in a better place. And for some strange reason God felt his time on earth and his work was done here and mine wasn't. Believe me it has taken many years, many tears, and a lot of deep thought to come to that conclusion. I do know one thing he is with me EVERYDAY in one way or another.
The death of a parent brings a sadness to your life that cannot be explained. The experiences I had those 8 days in the hospital are unexplainable. The feeling you have when you know someone you love more then anything has just left this earth is unbearable but somehow I was at peace with it.
I leave you all with one last thought. Love your parents and family like today is the last. Live your life with no regrets and live each day like it's your last. Next time you see your Dad give him a hug and tell him you love him.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
1 comment:
I know your pain. Next month will be a year my dad has been gone.
Post a Comment