Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Splish Splash

Yesterday we finally made it to the Splash Park in Hilliard and had GREAT time. We invited Tara, Jude, Kelly, and Grady to go with us for some playmates. Here are some snapshots from the day thanks to our photographer Amanda, thanks a bunch for snapping away for us:)
Olivia got comfortable pretty quick with the water. Doesn't she look like she's having fun?!?!

Gotta get a feel for the water. I think right after Amanda snapped this picture she tried to drink the water-YUCK!
Jude playing in the water. Every time Olivia found something to play in she would look around for me to come join her.
Grady laying over the water spout.
The whole day was great. The kids played well together and burned A LOT of energy. One of the funniest parts of the morning was Jude running laps around the splash park. He was just running around the perimeter of the play area then would play in the water, then run some more laps. I sure hope he took a good nap for Tara. Olivia has so much fun with the boys and the water. I can't wait to go back and play again. I think we're going to be back a few times before school starts maybe even on an occasional Saturday once school starts.

As many of you know I've been throwing around the idea of sending Olivia to part time preschool/aycare this fall. We've visited a few places and she LOVED the other kids. Today we visited Early Impressions in Fernandina Beach and were very impressed with the facility and the staff. Olivia enjoyed her time with the other kids and even got to eat lunch with the 1 year old class. That was very different from home. They actually go to a little caferteria with trays and everything, no high chairs like at home. She did well in the class with the kids but lunch was a different story. The director kept telling me it would be fine once she started and would be taken in by peer pressure and go along with the rest of the kids. We signed Olivia up and she'll be starting about a week before I go to school. I think it's going to be great for her to learn and socialize with the other kids. I've got some mixed emotions about sending her to preschool but I know it will be good for her and she'll still have time with mom in the afternoons, she'll only be going in the mornings.

1 comment:

Creative Dragonfly said...

Kristen don't kid yourself, peer pressure is not going to affect Olivia at lunch time since she marches to the beat of a different drummer. She'll probably start a lunch room revolt!