Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Not Much...

Not much, pretty much sums up what we have been doing this summer. We've been enjoying each other and the much needed break from work, which has been GREAT!

Last week Olivia started swim lessons at the YMCA. She isn't really too sure about the pool with all of the kids, but she's getting better. Olivia is such a loner, she would much rather be by herself or with Mommy and Daddy. At the Y pool she is very clingy and won't do much but the other night at Mimi and PopPop's she absolutely LOVED the pool(sorry no pictures). She was swimming around with her new awesome floaty grabbing at the balls . Today Olivia did get much more excited about the pool at swim lessons. She tried to grab at different toys floating around and reaching for the wall to climb out, I hope she continues this the rest of the week.

I love watching Olivia grow and learn daily, she learns something new everyday. She has stacking rings which she has recently rediscovered. She will sit quietly and put all the rings on the cone, not necessarily in the right order.

She has also rediscovered her shape blocks. We've been practicing putting them in the correct hole on the top of the bucket. Olivia would much rather stack them and knock them down. Daddy has been stacking blocks and letting Olivia knock them down for a while but now Olivia can stack her own blocks and knock them down. Look at the concentration while stacking...

I've also taken on a do-it-yourself project around the house. We've had a bedroom set for about 6 years that is in desparate need of refinishing. I was planning on doing it when we first moved in 2 years ago but oops I got pregnant and couldn't paint. Well last week I decided to start cleaning out the spare room and refinish the furniture. So I've started my project by cleaning out the dresser, filling in the holes, and sanding down the old paint to prepare it to be repainted a nice clean white. I also cleaned the closet in the spare room and found 2 boxes from when we moved in that we never opened, thank goodness there was nothing important in them. I'm hoping that by the end of the week I can get the dresser and night stand painted and start putting the room back together. When I get my DIY project complete I'll be sure to post pictures so you can see all of my hard work:)


1 comment:

Creative Dragonfly said...

I love the new picture at the top of your blog, Olivia looks beautiful even if she is in her pj's. Please email me that picture if you can.