Friday, April 10, 2009

Funny Faces, Playing, & Park Day

We've been really busy this week since I've been off for Spring Break. I must say I've LOVED staying home with Olivia this week. She is so much fun and I can't get enough of her. This is a big change from last summer when I was ready to return to school, not this time I can't wait for summer vacation-only 36 school days left:)
Here is a FUNNY face that Daddy taught Olivia. She does it all the time and thinks it's funny when she does it. She'll usually look at you like this then laugh. She thinks that she's a comedian already at the tender age of 1.
Wednesday Tara and Jude stopped over to drop off a birthday gift, thank you for the outfit I can't wait for Olivia to wear it. The pants are great(of course they're striped). Since Olivia got a ton of outside toys for her birthday Jude and Olivia played while Tara and I caught up. Jude taught Olivia some new things during his short time here like how to sit at the table in her playhouse, thanks Jude:)
Thursday we headed off to Hilliard for Park Day with some other Mommy's. Thanks for the invite ladies we had a great time. Olivia had to warm up to everyone before she started playing but once she warmed up she was all over the place. Here she is riding Kenzie's bike, thanks for letting her play on it. Next time we'll bring our own toys so you can play with yours.
Here she is sitting in the grass wiping her hands off. Olivia has no problem getting dirty just don't let her hands get dirt on them. She fell in the sand and couldn't quite figure out what was on her and how to get it off. I also think she was checking out everyone sitting at the table. She is so much like her Daddy sometimes. She's a people watcher-she has to take eveeything in and assess the situation before she is comfortable. Like I said we'll have to join everyone again at the park so Olivia is more comfortable with the other kids and their Mommy's,
Doing something she won't do anyother time, holding her own bottle. Olivia has absolutey NO desire to hold her bottle she would rather have someone do it for her. When we left the park someone was kind of crabby and wanted her bottle. I of course couldn't hold it for her since I was driving so I just handed it to her and waited to see what she did with it. She picked it up and put it in her mouth. I was so excited I took pictures while driving, we even took a pic with the phone and texted Daddy. Yes, I was that excited. Olivia is a year old and won't hold her bottle, she walked at 9 months but won't hold her bottle. I would like to stress that she doesn't want to hold it not that she can't. She held it quite well too I might add, she drank almost the entire bottle before falling asleep( which she did about 10 minutes from the house-go figure).

We also had Olivia's 1 year doctor appt this week. Dr Sabban was impressed with all of Olivia's skills and her personality. She weighed in at 23 lbs 6 oz and was 31.5 inches tall. They didn't give us the percentile's this time but I looked them up online to see where she ranked. No suprise here but her height was above the 95th percentile and her weight was between the 75th and 90th. What can I say the girl has tall genes:) We've also switched to whole milk and Olivia seems to like it, even if I have to warm it, she's a little spoiled:) She's even been eating a little better at meal time, which I love. She's starting to eat more foods and not gag if she doesn't want it she just spits it out, which is so ladylike.
All in all we've had a GREAT week together. Next up Easter egg hunting on Saturday, don't worry I'll post pictures.
Oh, check out the preview of Olivia's photo shoot with Dana at Bella Blue Photography.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

She looks so cute on Dana's Blog...Sorry we missed you guys on Park Day! ONLY 36 days?? YEAH!!!!

Tara Libby said...

The park was fun! I left and went to Wendi's for a coke and Cale was asleep before I even made it to Wendi's. So I took advantage of him sleeping and went to the cemetary to see Daddy. Everytime I go Cale is already alseep or falls asleep on the way! When I finally got home I put hime down and he slept until about 5!

Bridget said...

I love that little house thingy...where did yall get that??? also i looked at her pics on Dana'a blog...very cute:>) glad she had fun at the park!!!! when you get out for summer we will ahve to go to the zoo or have a play date!!!