Monday, April 13, 2009

Let's Hunt Easter Eggs

This was Olivia's first Easter and I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it. We started off Saturday morning hunting for eggs at a local church. They hid over 1500 eggs, holy cow that's a lot of eggs. The little kids got to go first so off went Olivia with Mommy, Daddy, Nanny, and Poppy to find some eggs. Of course she found some it was more like an egg grab then an egg hunt, they were all out in plain sight(well most of them). She wasn't really sure what to think of it but once she figured it out she had a blast.




Trying to figure out what's inside .We ended up with 6 eggs. Only 4 of those had candy the other 2 had prizes from the prize table-2 stuffed animals. She had fun hunting eggs but next year will be even better since she will have a better understanding of what's going on.

Sunday we went to Mimi and Poppop's for lunch with the rest of the family. The food was great, Poppop did a great job on the fried chicken. After lunch we took the kids outside to play. Olivia discovered the pool with Daddy and he taught her a new trick-

How to lean over the edge of the pool and play in the water. He kept telling her to wash her hands. It was by far the cutest thing I had seen her do all day. I'm sure it will be the first thing she does whenever she goes to visit Mimi and Poppop from now on.
For dinner we went to Nanny and Poppy's. Olivia got another basket from then. She got her first Cabbage Patch doll and a new bike. After borrowing a bike at the park the other day Nanny decided that Olivia needed her own. This bike has turn signals, a horn, and plays music-boy do kids have it good these days.
Riding the bike around the living room, well just sitting on it looking at all of the adults thinking-come on guys push me. Of course Daddy did and I got to hear my most favorite sound in the world-Olivia's belly laugh:)
We had a great first Easter with Olivia. I think I took about 100 pictures of her hunting eggs.
I so bummed that spring break is over. I had a blast with Olivia this past week. She is so fun now and can do so much. I think I may have played outside more last week then I have in years, she actually gives me a reason to go outside. It was so hard to go to work this morning knowing I was going to leave my sweet girl at home and she was going to have fun with someone other then me. I just keep thinking only 36 more days to go and I'll be home for 2 months with her.

No comments: