Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's On Me

When I think back to what I was doing 1 year ago today, I was a little scared. On my way to work this morning I was talking to Mom and told her that one year ago at that time(around 6:30) Paul and I were rushing to the hospital to be induced. Yeah, we were running late that was no suprise to either of us. One year ago today around this time I was in the very early stages of labor. I had just arrived at the hospital and the induction began. I was so scared of what was to come and what was going to happen to my body and oh my goodness I was actually going to be a mommy, what the heck was I thinking. If you're a regular reader you know that today is not Olivia's birthday tomorrow is, so yes I was in labor for an extremely long time. While I was in labor, waiting for the big contractions to come and finally meet my baby I had one recurring thought-My poor baby is going to have April Fool's Day as her birthday. She was going to be tormented for life, by friends and family. Well the biggest April Fool's joke was on me last year. After many hours of labor Dr. Laubcher looked up while checking my dialation and said "April Fools you're not having a baby today" It was around 11:30 at night, I was not happy I had already been in labor for almost 16 hours. I didn't think she was funny at all. I wanted to be out of that bed and have my baby in my arms. Olivia was a stubborn little girl and things haven't changed a bit. Needless to say Olivia wasn't born for almost anouther 6 more hours. She made her grand entrance a few hours later by c-section and was perfect on April 2, 2008. I guess April Fool's was on me last year:)

No comments: