I've been so tired and busy lately I haven't taken the time to blog. I think I'm working more hours this school year then I've ever worked before. I'm not so sure if I'm unorganized this year or if there is just so much to do and I can't get it done. I can tell you I've been taking advantage of every moment I have at home with Olivia since it seems like she spends more time with my mom and Paul then she does with he.
Things around our house have been uneventful the past few weeks, our days and nights are filled with normal family stuff-playing, cooking, cleaning, and laughing. Last weekend Paul had to help a friend move so Olivia and I had a good old fashioned girls weekend. I LOVED it, it felt like summer all over again just the two of us.
Olivia has a new love for her baby doll. She pushes her around in a stroller, feeds her, carries her, and anything else you can do with a baby doll. Last Sunday she decided that she needed to feed her baby lunch. Needless to say she wouldn't get in her seat without the baby and baby had to eat mac & cheese with Olivia. I just think this is so cute:)


I'm not quite sure what exactly is going on in this picture, maybe tile surfing. Olivia grabbed the towel off the kitchen chair, threw it on the floor layed down and acted like she was swimming. I, of course grabbed the camera and started clicking away. She then proceded to look up smile and say *cheese*. I just LOVE this girl!!

*wash, wash* the newest phrase at our house that frankly I could almost do without. Every time and I do mean every time you go near the sink you'll hear *wash wash* and the sound of a kitchen chair sliding across tile floor. I can't wash dishes or anything else without my little helper. Here she is helping me make mashed potatoes. I will say that I do have a lot of fun with Olivia washing dishes but sometimes it's hard to get things done with little hands helping and the kitchen gets about ten times more messy, which means more work for mommy.

Once she noticed the camera in my hand she had to smile and say *cheese*.

One last thing before I go...Olivia has now been taking ONLY a cup for naps and bed for a little over a week. YAY!!!! Since she wouldn't drink milk from a hard spout sippy cup I took out the softer ones that came with her avent bottles. The great thing about these is that you can use the bottles and rings I've always used I didn't have to buy anything new. She has been drinking her milk from these every night without a problem all week. I'm so proud of Olivia I thought that it would take much longer to get her to kick the bottle habit. Now I'm working on her to call it a cup or milk not a *bobble*, but hey if she wants to call it a bottle she can at least I know it's a cup.
Stay tuned for our latest adventures with the new potty chair.......it could get interesting.....
2 comments:
"Wash, wash." isn't a phrase I get too excited about either. Trust me, it's cute to see her at the kitchen sink or carrying her little chair into our bathroom to get up to that sink but boy does she make a mess. Today Olivia and I had a tug of war with a kitchen chair which ended with her throwing herself on the floor. I think the Terrible 2's are here! Every day is an adventure and downright fun.
She looks like such a big girl in these picutres! Enjoy your evenings...I can't imagine how tired you come home from a day with k-5 students!!
Post a Comment