Sunday night to celebrate my birthday Jen and Russ took us out to dinner with some other close friends and family. YUM we went to Osaka in GA. This wasn't the first time Olivia had been to a Japanese restaurant but we haven't been in a while. I wasn't sure how she would react to all the action, but she did great. I just wish she would learn how to sit still during a meal at a restaurant. She did great for the first hour, but after that it was all down hill. Thank goodness we had Nanny and Poppy to help take care of her:)
Here is a shot of the hat Jen got me to wear at dinner. In case you can't read it is says *over the hill*, oh and the balloon does too. Whatever I'm not over the hill, I'm just getting started. Just remember Jen you were over the hill before me:) Thanks for dinner guys it was YUMMY!!

If you've ever been to a Japanese steakhouse you know they put on quite a show. I tried to catch a few shots of Olivia while Dante, our chef, was cooking. He didn't make any fire since Olivia and Colby were there and he didn't want to scare them, but he sure did make a lot of smoke. This face cracks me up she's looking at him like *what the heck are you doing, there shouldn't be this much smoke when you cook.*


On the way to dinner Olivia found a coozie in the truck and wanted to wear it like a glove. I think she was channeling her inner Micheal Jackson, but she's much cuter:)

Thursday was Olivia's 18 month check up at the doctor. This was by far the hardest appointment we've had in a while. First off Olivia had to get 3 shots this time-2 immunizations and a flu shot. Dr. Sabban was so impressed with Olivia's growth and development and said she was right on track for 18 months. That's my girl, Olivia you are so smart:) The shots were terrible, I'm not sure who cried more me or her. The cutest part of her shots was when we got to Publix after the appt she was telling everyone she saw *boo boo* and pointed to her leg. I'm so glad she doesn't need shots again until she goes to Kindergarten 4 years from now. We did get a little news that I wasn't expecting at the doctor. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but Olivia's doctor found a heart murmur when she was about 6 months old. She told us she would most likely grow out of it and that it was positional. Positional means she could only hear it when Olivia was sitting up, she tried many positions and couldn't hear it. She was very optimistic she would grow out of it by the time she was 1. Well here we are at the 18 month check up and it was still there. At first I was freaking out, the dr sent for a referrel to a cardiologist while we were in the office. That made me worry that something serious was wrong with my baby. After a great deal of research by me and Mom I've discovered that most heart murmurs in children are innocent or functional, meaning they are perfectly fine. Most likely the doctor is sending us to the cardiologist to be safe. Needless to say I'm anxiously awaiting the call from the doctor about our appointment with Dr. Joyce, the cardiologist. Who by the way is probably the best pediatric cardiologist in Jacksonville, I've done some research on him and he has excellent credentials. Please just keep us in your thoughts while we await this appointment. I know deep down that there is probably nothing wrong and she will indeed grow out of it, but as all Mommy's know it's hard to play the waiting game when it comes to your baby.
One last thing---Olivia has offically kicked the bottle habit and is now ONLY drinking out of a sippy cup. To make this official I tossed out most of her bottles and nipples tonight. She's not a baby anymore she's a BIG GIRL!!! Where has the time gone....
No comments:
Post a Comment