Saturday, August 29, 2009

What We've Been Doing...

No we haven't moved or dropped off the face of the earth, I've been extremely busy and haven't really had time to blog. So here I go with a catch up post to keep you all updated on our happy little life.

Summer ended and I had to reenter the real work also known as teaching. I completed forgot how hard it was to get ready for a new school year this summer, maybe since I put teaching out of mind and was completely wrapped up in being a mom. So needless to say the past two weeks have really stressed me out. There have been a few changes in Kindergarten this year which took a few days to get used to and to top it all of we all have 22 kids in our class. That means there are 150 kindergarten kids at my school, we have the largest class sizes in the school right now-WOW!

Back to what's important and what you really care about our little family. We've really been trying to make our afternoons and weekends family time filled with playing, playing, and more playing. This weekend we were invited to Leah's son Brodie 3rd birthday party. We couldn't pass it up since it was a pool party and Olivia LOVES the water. Today was no exception she practically ran up the stairs and started yelling *pool, pool* with a big smile on her face. Ava arrived shortly after we did so Olivia had a little partner in crime to swim with, yay. These two girls spend the whole party swimming, the only break they had was to eat. I'm not kidding when I say as soon as Olivia's pizza was gone she was back in the water. Here are a few highlights from the party.


OK, so Olivia no longer has a sandbox she now has a mud box. A few days ago when it rained we forgot to cover the sandbox which resulted in a turtle filled with mud. I gave up trying to keep Olivia out of it since she enjoys it so to play in it. I'm not really sure if you can see the water on top of the sand but there is about 2 inches of water sitting on top of the sand. And yes, Olivia is sitting fully clothed in the mud filling up her buckets. She has done this a few nights this week and I couldn't bear to take her out since she was having so much fun playing.

I've been trying to get Olivia to cheese for the camera for a while now and well let's just say she ignores me. The past few days she hasn't and today she had a few big cheesey smiles for me. Maybe it was the happiness from playing in the mud or she really wanted to cheese for the camera. Either way isn't she just precious, I could just eat her up!!
Enough for now...




No comments: