Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's Time To Say Goodbye.....

As Monday approaches I'm saddened to return to work and leave my sweet girl. I've enjoyed being a stay at home mom more then I could have imagined this summer but as the saying goes * all good things must come to an end*. This is the end of summer break and I'm so bummed.

And so it's time to say goodbye to.....
*waking up and seeing her smiling face each morning. Paul has always gotten up with Olivia in the morning since I leave so darn early for work. I absolutely LOVED seeing her sweet smile each morning, even if it was early.
*sharing lunch with my girl. Olivia and I have had the pleasure of having lunch together most days this summer. Over these past weeks she has really begun to enjoy eating rather then fighting it. Now if we can only get her to eat more(any) veggies.
*cuddle time before her nap. Everday around 12:30 we've had a mini cuddle session before her nap. We get a warm bottle of milk and head into Olivia's room for the rocking chair. Time to rock, drink, and cuddle. She's even started holding her own bottle, finally, which I knew she could do but was just too lazy.
*being followed around by my shadow. Olivia follows me like a shadow helping me with everything and learning from all the stuff we do. She is now an expert at putting the clothes in the dryer, she probably won't think it's fun in a few years.
*doing everything (everything) with an audience. Oh wait I'm not going to miss that too much I do like my privacy at certain points during the day:)
*sleeping past 5 AM. Well this one's a little selfish but I so enjoy sleeping until the sun is actually up not leaving for work when it's still dark.
* hearing Olivia's sweet voice all day. Since the summer began Olivia's vacabulary has grown and is now quite large.

I am very grateful that I do not have to leave my girl at daycare or with a stranger. She will be returning to Nanny's for the school year. I did look into daycare and just couldn't do it. I was beginning to feel bad for leaving her with strangers when she has a wonderful grandmother who can take care of her who also loves her. Not to mention the cost, daycare prices are outragous.

I leave you with a few shots of Olivia during out last official days of summer vacation. Isn't she just precious...


2 comments:

Kerri said...

It will be so hard to leave them...See you Monday!

Tara Libby said...

I am sad about going back too! I never thought I could be a stay at home mom, but I rather enjoyed it this summer. Cale has grown and changed and I have been able to watch him. I still didnt get to see him walk though! He is not ready, and I am not pushing....maybe he will do it on the weekend so I can see it first :)