Monday, June 28, 2010

The Water's Fine

Last week we took our family vacation to the lake. The week started off a little rocky...Olivia wasn't much into the water, which was quite a surprise to me, but after a few days she got right in and LOVED it. If we were there a few more days I think she would have been jumping off the dock with her cousins--maybe next year. I took so many pictures I had a hard time narrowing it down for you to see so I picked some of my faves and wanted to share them with you. Our week was filled with all of the normal lake fun...

Playing at the beach...even if it was the one that Daddy and Uncle Russ made for the kids. The house we stay at doesn't exactly have a beach but Olivia always gets what she wants, therefore she got a beach. Daddy and Uncle Russ spent a good hour pulling weeds and raking up grass so the kids would have a beach. Swimming with Daddy...this is before Olivia realized that she could swim on her own in her swimmies or life jacket.
There's always time to waterslide at the lake. Look at the smile I think she's having FUN!!! Finally taking off on her own and swimming. I think it was Wednesday(we came home Friday morning) before Olivia realized that swimming on her own wasn't that bad....heck she was having a BLAST by Thursday afternoon on her own.
Jet ski riding with Daddy. As you can see Paul let Olivia drive...jeez and people wonder why I worry and hover over her. She has a need for speed...just like her Daddy.
All in all we had a wonderful vacation. I was glad to come home but only to get back to our routine. It's amazing to me how much a few days away from home and change Olivia's daily routines, no matter how hard we tried to keep it.



1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the picture of Olivia & Daddy on the jet ski!!