A few weeks back we made a quick trip to Lowes, ok well it was long trip since Paul went. As with any store they have kid geared things in eye level of little people, even at Lowes. Of course directly across from the bug sprays we were looking at there was a
wonderful display of gardening tools with cartoon characters on them...who else does Olivia notice Cookie Monster and Big Bird. After a few minutes of negotiating and listening to Olivia tell me that she wanted to get the new gardening tools we decided on the little pots, seeds, and potting soil with Cookie Monster on them...much cheaper and much more practical. The seeds were for mini watermelons. We planted the seeds in the mini pots the kit came with and waited...after about 2 weeks we had some sprouts. Out of the 6 pots we planted with 2-4 seeds in each one we got 5 pots with 2-3 sprouts each. I was pretty darn proud of us since Olivia tends to over water her plants.
Here are Olivia and Daddy replanting her watermelons into planters. I can't wait to see and taster our yummy mini watermelons soon. Everyday we check them and they are getting so big, I think this is the first plants I haven't killed in, well, forever.





And yes, I do let my darling daughter run around in her panties, don't judge. If you've ever potty trained you know how hard it can be and so we've opted to make our lives as easy as possible at certain times of the day...if that means running around in a long t-shirt with our BIG GIRL panties on so we make it to the potty in time so be it.
Stay tuned we've been pretty busy and I'm going to try and get you all up to date in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment