Wednesday, March 3, 2010

23 Months and 1 Day

This post was meant for yesterday but sometimes things happen beyond our control...better late then never right???

I can't believe that in less then a month Olivia will be 2 years old. Where the heck did the time go?!?!? As we celebrate Olivia's 23 month birthday we're dealing with the croup. Let me just tell you it SUCKS!!! to be blunt about it. Olivia has done nothing but cough, whine, cry, scream, and want to be help for the past 3 days. Notice how I left out sleep, anyone getting rest in our family is completely out of question.

What else is going on at 23 months....a lot!!!
Olivia you amaze me everyday and I love, love, love to watch you learn and grow. Here are some of the amazing things you can do right now...
*You can now put together 4-6 words to make a sentence. I just love it!!! You can now ask for something instead of cry or whine for it. It's great, when you want something or need something you can just ask for it:)
*You are a wonderful singer. You can sing many of your favorite songs, at least parts of them, and I just love it. Some of your favs are The Wheels on the Bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Patty Cake, and the Barney Song-I love you, you love me. I just love it when you sing---I love me too and give me a BIG kiss. It just makes my heart smile:)
*You are still not a great eater. You have your favorites-mac & cheese, string cheese, mashed potatoes, hot dogs, ham, and most fruits. I sure wish you would expand your repertoire of foods, maybe some day but not today.
*Books are an absolute must in our house everyday. We probably read 4 or 5 each night before you go to bed. I think I know the words to all the Gossie books by memory, we read at least one of them everynight. You also love the If you give a...books, especially If you give a pig a party.

I'm just in awe of you everyday and the things you do. I can't believe you are mine, all mine!!!

And what's a Wednesday post without a Wordless Wednesday photo, well almost wordless...we took this picture when Olivia rushed in our room and said "sleep in mommy's bed, watch Barney in mommy's bed" She hoped up in the bed covered herself up and grabbed the remote. How cute is she?!?!?

No comments: