Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Budding Artist

Today was a girls day at our house. Paul took off with some friends to go 4 wheeler riding so it was just me and Olivia, we had a great day!

Now that she has a playroom and her new art table she is always into something and usually one of us it too. So today since it was girls day and all I was her coloring buddy. I will say Olivia is a fabulous artist. But the cutest part of coloring time was when she got *monstie* to color with her. First she put him on his very own stool to color, she pushed him in and everything. But when he wouldn't color she decided to pick him up, sit him on the table, and try to give him a crayon to color a picture. How stinkin' cute is that?? Her imagination is just amazing to me, I didn't realize she would be so imaginative at such a young age. I could even sense the aggravation in her voice when *monstie* wouldn't hold his own crayon. When he wouldn't hold the crayon and color she put him on her lap and said "look" and started showing him how to color.




Olivia loves to have her hand traced when she colors, I have no idea why. I think I have about a thousand pictures with her hand traced on them. One day I'm sure I'll look back at them and remember the days when her hand was that tiny. She even tries to trace her own hand. I think I may need a bigger refrigerator for all of her artwork

4 comments:

Becky said...

VERY CUTE!! What a great reason for a new fridge to! Infact, I think you might need a double one! She's adorable!

Creative Dragonfly said...

We need some refrigerator art. She doesn't color here...she cooks!

Lexi said...

Hi! I wanted to share my site with you since you have a cute little girl! Im having a special for new customers, if you you enter IMNEW in the buyers note of your purchase of $15 or more (before shipping) You will get a free hair clip added to your order! Hope youll check it out! :)
www.Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
Thanks!

Bridget said...

she is just darlin:>) i love that art table? where did you get that? may have to steal that idea from ya:>)