Friday, January 8, 2010

And She Wore It To Dinner

Maybe it's my fault because I was anti-headband when she was a baby. Maybe I should have put one on her once in a while or started a little earlier. No matter what the reason Olivia absolutely will not wear anything on her head-hat, headband, or clip. I've tried so hard for about the last year to get her to wear something on her head and she usually rips it off and throws it in about 2.5 seconds. Instead of trying with expensive nice hair things I resorted to little plastic clips that are easy on her hair and won't break the bank if she breaks or loses them.

For the past week or so every night when Paul and Olivia brush her teeth she has been coming in the bedroom with one or two clips in her hair telling me *pretty* and yes she does look pretty. I'm so excited she is finally allowing us to put something in her hair but it's always before bedtime so they can't stay in long. Well tonight that all changed. I walked in the bathroom and saw my pretty little girl with a pretty pink clip in her hair. She even got mad when I tried to take it out and fix it. Doesn't she just look precious with it in her hair. I hope this continues and Mom is going to make some new clips with ribbon on them for her, I can't wait. Next up one of the gorgeous hats that Mom makes.



No comments: