Sunday, November 8, 2009

We've Upgraded

About this time last year I got the itch to get a new camera. So for an early Christmas present Paul took me to Best Buy and bought me a Canon PowerShot, which I loved---at the time. After Olivia got a little more mobile, quick, and we started doing more active things as a family my new camera started getting on my nerves. I often missed the smile because it was slow the whole reason I upgraded from my Kodak. Now I did love the picture quality of the canon but deep down I really wanted a Rebel. At the time I couldn't spend that kind of money on a camera but I should have cause here I am a year later the proud owner of a Canon Rebel. I absolutely LOVE my new camera. I have been taking pictures since I got it. I also got this great package deal when I bought the camera-it came with an extra lens and a really big camera bag. The best part of this new camera is that Paul will actually use it, the last camera Paul used probably one time. This one on the other hand Paul has been using quite often in the 2 days we've had it. He actually took all of the pictures below. Here are my debut shots with my new Rebel, many more to come...

Olivia got some new sunglasses today which she calls *hollywoods*. I put them on her and well the pictures tell the story...


Look at her hold that little tea cup, she's getting ready for tea with the Queen one day
Olivia's getting so big and wants to help with everything Paul and I do. Tonight she helped me make corn casserole for dinner. When I say help I really mean she took part in the adding the ingredients, mixing, and throwing the trash away. She was so excited to help she couldn't stop smiling:)

Next up we're going to bake some cookies, we've got to get ready to make some for Santa:)

4 comments:

Becky said...

Welcome to the club! Great pics

Dana said...

You'll love your Rebel. What lens did it come with?

The Panke's said...

Dana it came with 2 lens'. An EFS 18-55mm and EF 75-300, I have no idea what to do with them but I'm sure going to have fun learning.

Creative Dragonfly said...

Great 'Hollywoods' Kristen!!!!!