Monday, September 7, 2009

I'll Share Some Recipes Too

Since I've used some of the recipes from other blogs I thought I'd share some of our favorites. If you haven't tried it already you should really give Becky's No Peek Beef a try. I made it in the crockpot and we had it over egg noddles. It was great and Olivia loved it too. She couldn't shovel it in fast enough.

I'm not a big planner when it comes to weekly meals. I tend to shop in bulk for meats at Costco so I usually have to add side dishes to what we already have in the freezer. My planning usually begins the night before when I look at Paul and say, what do you want for dinner tomorrow night?

Here are some of the regular things we eat at our house---

Buffalo Chicken Dip-great for a football party or just a snack
3 12oz cans of white meat chicken
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 wing sauce-we uses Frank's but I'm sure any brand and any heat would work
1 block of cream cheese

Put everything in a bowl, stir, and microwave for 5 minutes. I usually heat up the cream cheese, ranch, and wing sauce to soften cream cheese for about 3 min and mix then add the chicken mix and microwave for 2-3 more min.

Chicken Enchiladas-not exactly homade but it's quick and easy
4 shredded chicken breasts
2 cans of enchilada sauce-I use Old El Paso
shredded cheese
tortilla shells

*mix shredded chicken and 1 1/2 cans of enchilada sauce
*spoon the chicken and sauce mixture into tortilla shells and roll up, place seam side down in baking dish
*pour remaining sauce on enchiladas and sprinkle shredded cheese on top
*bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes
*This usually makes about 8 or 9 enhailadas, don't forget to spray Pam in your baking dish

Chicken Casserole-I'm not really sure the proper name for this but Tara Bailey brought it to us when Olivia was born and we've been making it ever since

4 shredded chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8oz container sour cream
1 sleeve Ritz Crackers
1 stick of butter

Mix chicken, sour cream, and cream of chicken in a bowl. Once it's mixed well put in a baking dish. I use a 8x8 dish to make it a little thicker.
Melt butter, crush crackers and mix. Place crackers on top of chicken.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

I tend to grill most nights so if anyone out there has some quick and easy side dishes that go well with chicken, pork chops, and steak please share.

1 comment:

Becky said...

YUM, can't wait to try them!! They all sound yummy!! I can't wait to get my new oven.. Thanks, we do love the No Peek Beef.. We grill a lot too and usually do a salad, other veggies, mac-n-cheese (or other kinds of pre-packaged pastas or potatoes), or red potatoes cut & boiled then sprayed w/Parkay Spray. If you like onions: Vidalia onions, strip the outside skin, cut a little bowl in the top, place a beef boullion cube & a pat of butter in it, wrap in foil in a baking pan in a 425 degree oven. Bake until onions are soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Goes great with steak! Sometimes we cut up onions/potatoes/red&green bell peppers/garlic, mix with a little EVOO, wrap in foil & bake for about an hour on 425.