Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In Case You're Wondering.....We're Still Alive

No we haven't moved or dropped off the face of the earth, I've been extremely busy and haven't really had time to blog. But just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I don't have anything to share with you all.

A few weeks ago we went to bird island by boat. We had a great time. This was only the second time Olivia had been to the beach. You would have never known though she played like a pro. I guess if I was a better mother I would have brought her to the beach more often since we do live in Florida. Well we know for next year. This is pretty much what she did all day-play in the sand or the water. Olivia is also starting to really develop her persoality. I love it. I can't get enough of her and how funny she is. She recently discovered you can get into the cabinets after you open them and pull all of the stuff out. How cute is it when she sits down yells *bye bye* and shuts the cabinet on herself? Pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.

And lastly sharing her snack with Daddy. Sometimes she won't eat something unless one of us is eating it. The other night Paul put a cracker in his mouth to show Olivia he was going to eat it and she leaned forward and took a bite. It was great!

Olivia's vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds everyday. She'll say a new word at the drop of a hat. I'm amazed everyday by the new things she learns to say. Olivia can even put two words together to make a sentence. I know she's the smartest 1 year old you've ever seen. I may be a little bias, I am her mother.
We do have a small hurdle to get over in the next few months, getting rid of the bottle. Olivia only gets a bottle at nap time and bed time, still too much considering she'll be 18 months old next week. I'm not really sure what to do about this. She absolutely will not drink milk from a sippy cup, not even chocolate milk. I keep trying and nothing has happened. I need some advice from anyone willing to share it. I've been told to throw them out and quit cold turkey, but I don't think it's going to work. If anyone has any advice on how you kicked the bottle please share.




2 comments:

Becky said...

We went through the same thing with Roman. You can buy tops to go on the bottles that are a transition to sippy cups, not sure if it will work but worth a try. I can't remember if we bought them at Publix or Babies R Us? Also, have you tried a sippy with a straw yet? Between these two things we eventually said good bye to the bottles. (Obviously, he's 9 1/2yrs old now!)

Becky said...

Not sure is I explained well enough, they are inserts that replace the nipple.