Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

I have to say this was probably the best Christmas of my life. Olivia has been so much fun, I couldn't have asked for a better gift! We have had a wonderful vacation too, I love being able to have time off during such a fun time of year. Here are the highlights of Christmas...

Olivia had her first Preschool party, oh what fun! Playing with some friends after having a snack. She also had her first Christmas program. We practiced her songs and poems for almost a month, she was doing a great job singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Jingle Bells and this is what she did the entire time she was on stage...chewed on her fingers. Yeah, my kid who talks all the time, can't close her mouth didn't sing a word on stage. I was actually waiting for tears when she first got up there. Thank goodness there were no tears but there was no singing either. Oh well, whata memory we have now of her at age 2. I was a proud Mommy and she was certainly proud too. As soon as we got her after her performance she asked me "Mommy did you see me singing with my friends?" Of course I did honey you did GREAT!!
We made a visit to the man in red too...Santa Claus that is. After waiting in a COLD line for an hour and a half we got to go in a take a quick picture. She was so happy!!

Since we were off and Olivia has a flair for crafts we decided to make a snowman out of cotton balls. Oh what fun and what a mess, I think I'm still finding cotton balls under my bakers rack a week later. She is proud of her creation, whenever someone comes over she drags them to the pantry door and shows them her Snowman.

And finally we decorated cookies for Santa.


I offically win the bad mom award this year since I didn't take one single picture of our tree after Santa arrived or of Olivia opening her gifts or playing with them. I was so involved with her I didn't bother to grab my camera, not a one-BUMMER! I do however have a video that Olivia's Poppy took for me, thanks Stacy!! So if I can figure it out I'll load them so you can see her on Christmas morning with all her goodies.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas this year too!!

No comments: