So I've seem to fall of the blog wagon but it's time to pick myself up and hop back on and keep all you faithful readers up to date on our family happenings. We've been so busy that I just haven't had time to share all of the excitement going on around here with you. So here it goes, try to keep up
** First let me confess, I've somewhat become addicted to the Twilight books. Ashley and Kelly convinced me to read the book and that it wasn't just for the teeny popper set, and was she right. At first I had a hard time getting into the first book and it took me about a month to get halfway through it but then all of a sudden I got into and couldn't put it down. I'm almost done with New Moon and can't wait to start the next one. So that's the real reason I've haven't blogged lately, not that I've been too busy. I've been using my blogging time to read.
**We took Olivia to the zoo for the first time about a month ago. I posted the pictures on facebook and will soon post them here for you. I've been too busy reading to post in both places. She absolutely LOVED the zoo. We didn't see everything but she was happy with what she did get to see. We bought a year pass so we're planning on going back often. We're hoping to go back during spring break with Olivia's friend Grady, she always asks to play with him, so why not. It also gives me a Kelly time to hang out other then on the playground at work:)
** Paul and I went to the Daytona 500 this past weekend. This was Paul's Christmas present from Mom and Stacy. We had a lot of fun but nothing for us goes off without a hitch. Let me start with how stupid the city of Daytona was with their planning of this race. They had the exit ramp into Daytona closed on 95, without any warning. We drove up on the exit and saw a state trooper and orange cones, seriously how the heck did they expect people to get to the race. To make a long story short we got off the next exit and were directed to free parking, which also turned into a nightmare. They had everyone lined up for busing to the track then you had to take a tram to the proper location of the track for your seats. We arrived in Daytona at 9:39 and didn't actually get into the track until 11:30, boy was I ticked off. I got Paul fanzone passes where you can see the cars in the garage and try to get autographs. No such luck, which pretty much meant I wasted a lot of money. We did have pretty good seats, the 4th row at the beginning of pit road. If you've ever been to a NASCAR race you know that it's the feeling of the cars rather then watching the race. We could feel the cars as they drove by us and at some points of the race we had tire rubber on our clothes. How cool is that?!?!?! But the race was delayed for a total of 2 hours due to a pot hole in the track, come on NASCAR get your act together. For the price of the tickets that track should be in excellent condition!!! We made it through the entire race, more then I can say for some of the other fans. Although I was frozen solid by the time we left and waited over an hour to get back to the truck. I officially quit racing, Paul's just going to have to bring a friend next time because I'm staying home.
** Our Daytona trip was our first getaway without Olivia. It was a big deal. She's stayed the night with Nanny and Poppy before but never while we were out of town. She survived and so did we:)
I wish I had some other exciting news for you guys but no such luck. I don't even have any pictures for you since I'm trying to blog and cook dinner at the same time, how's that for multitasking?!?!?! I'll be posting some soon of our zoo trip, the race, new photos of Olivia we had taken, and just our daily lives.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment