As I type this I can't believe that 2009 is already over, boy what an exciting year it's been. Nothing can top 2008, since that is when Olivia joined our family but 2009 was just as exciting for our family. We started off the year having a crawler and soon having a walker on our hands, remember Olivia walked at only 9 1/2 months(mid Jan). We also had a lot of firsts for Olivia from her first steps, to her first Easter egg hunt, her First birthday, first hair cut, first set of swimming lessons, first jet ski ride, first major boo boo, and so many others that I'm probably forgetting right now.
I've learned so much as a mom this year too and I still can't believe how selfless Olivia has made me become. In the 21 months since she was born I've become a less selfish person and do so much more for her then I ever could of imagined(I do still have my moments though).
I realized how lucky I am to be able to be a part time stay at home mom with Olivia. I absolutely LOVED being home with her this past summer, much more then last. I miss her every day while I'm at work but I'm grateful for the 10 weeks I get to be at home each summer and the many breaks we get from school. I will admit I do get a little jealous of the full time stay at home mom's. I've got to make the best of what I have, my time is all about quality not quantity.
I reluctantly learned to not worry about what others say about my family and my daughter. Who cares if she bigger, taller, louder, younger, a picky eater, just plain old picky, doesn't sleep through the night, and well frankly is a little high maintenance? I sure don't and it's taken more almost 21 months to realize that what other mom's and people say doesn't really matter either. Olivia is mine and all of those things make her special to me and if you have something to say about it well....
So what does 2010 have is store for the Panke's? I really don't know. I hope that business continues to do well for Paul. He has been such a hardworker during this recession and hasn't given up on his business through it all. I hope our family continues to be healthy and happy. I hope Olivia continues to grow and thrive as she has for the past 21 months. And, wow how can I forget we'll be celebrating a 2nd birthday in a few months.
So at the close of 2009 I'd like to wish everyone who reads this(all 10 of you, if that) a Happy New Year from the Panke's:)
Park City Utah
4 years ago
1 comment:
It was a year of firsts for us too :) what a FUN 2009!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment